how do they do an abortion

what do they do to preform an abortion?

Asked by zukoskibaby07 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• There are a few different ways. I sadly was forced to have one at 14 by my still effects me mentally. Mine was the vacuum method, where they insert something and it sucks everything out. It was VERY painful. I don't remember the exact total details, as I am 30 now.
    Check this out for more info...

(I would like it if nobody 'bashes' me for having one. It was a decission at the time I felt was out of my hands, and it's something I struggle with til the very day. Thanks

Answer by koodie78 at 5:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• WikiAnswers - How is an abortion performed
    How you give an abortion? How do they do a abortion? How do they give an abortion? How is an abortion ... How do they kill the baby during an abortion? ... -
    Give the baby up for adoption!!!!

Answer by vbruno at 7:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• koodie78 mentioned the only one I'm familiar with. And no I do not judge you koodie78. I hope and pray if you are asking because you are considering it for yourself, that you reconsider. There are so many people out there that would love to adopt your little baby. They even have open adoptions were you can pick the family and still be a part of the baby's life. If you need help through this there are resource centers I'm sure in your area. Please find one!

Answer by MommyInfinity at 8:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

Answer by godsaves at 11:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• This girl wasn't asking about adoption, she's asking about an abortion. I like how pro-lifers convince young, unwitting single mothers to keep and/or give their babies up for adoption and don't offer one iota of financial compensation. It's easy to have beliefs when they are just in theory.

• the abortion procedure is painful and has many risk to them excessive bleeding infection and lacerated cervix and uterus. There are healthier options like adoption please think about this abortion is something that you will regret because it kills your baby. call Birthright 1-800-550-4900 God Bless

Answer by ISAIAHMOM632007 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Well i was forced to have a DNC because my baby's heart heartbeat stopped @ 14wks. I went under local anestisa so really didn't feel a thing. It's the one where the vaccum everything out.

Answer by Jackie0216 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• ok hunny... here's an honest answer. abortions are NOT painful. they have several kind actually. if you are early in receiving this procedure, they provide you with a pill, what this does is stop the growing, then you are given a type of pill that you place inside your vagina. the next morning you will basically pass the fetus. this actually is very emotional but not painful. its like giving yourself a miscarriage. the second way is by the vacuum, again, not painful.. uncomfortable, but not painful. they will provide you with a pain killer before and after the procedure so you wont feel any pain. Again, this is a more emotional thing than a painful thing. Think hard, your decision will stay with you for the rest of your life. i hope this helped. good luck.