Featured answer, my @$$!

Why even post a question here if you are going to ignore the vast majority of the answers and select the one that you agree with as your "featured answer" even though it's been contested by most of the other mothers?

ddbz

Asked by ddbz at 2:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm just confirming that some people post questions not because they want the truth, but because they just want to showboat their own opinion, regardless of overwhelming evidence to the obvious.
    ddbz

Answer by ddbz at 3:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Because the OP has the right to pick whatever answer floats her boat, whether it makes sense or not.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Why does it even matter?
    Anonymous

• It's the OP's opinion on what they feel is the best answer. If it were up to everyone, there would be a majority vote. Not everyone rolls with what's on the bandwagon.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• What do you expect her to choose? Something that opposes, ridicules or bashes her opinion? Of course not.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 2:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I don'r even know what you are talking about? I don't care if my answer is featured or not featured, personally. WHo cares? I just read and reply...it is not a competition. No prizes. LOL. Just relax.
    Anonymous

• Holy sh!t! Why the hell do you even care?! What, are you mad because your answer wasn't picked? Grow up.
    Anonymous

• You don't know what the OP is thinking when she is reading her responses to her question. So what if she picks a best answer.
    I know when I pick a best answer it is tough but I make it even though I'm agreeing with 3 others.

Are you pms-ing? just crabby today? this is your best argument? the only one you can think of? are you going to pick a best answer?
    Anonymous

• Well, I pick the one I agree with because I AGREE WITH THEM. Of course their opinion will sound more intelligent than other peoples. Many questions arent even "Do you agree with me?", they are requests for tips or thoughts. When I find an answer that strikes me as insightful or that I use with my daughter it becomes my "featured answer"
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I normally pick the answer that best fits. If I post something where I state my opinion, and someone makes a good, valid arguement about why my opinion is "wrong" then I have sometimes picked their answers as best answer, or I might pick an answer from someone who I think put the most thought into their answer and didn't just bash, jump to conclusions, judge, etc. People have their own reasons for picking their featured answers, and for some people, those reasons might include picking the answer that agrees with them the most because it makes them feel good about themselves that someone else thinks they're right. I don't k now, I don't normally do it that way.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2010