Just curious...where does the line of government involvement end?

You want government to decide:
who can have children (on welfare)
what we can eat
what we can smoke
what doctors we should go to (no alternative meds)
how we drive (licensing and testing, age restrictions, safety requirements...etc. )
who can have abortions
who can use their own land for gardening, chickens etc.
So, what I wonder is why can't you make your own decisions about your life and let others make theirs. As long as it isn't endangering anyone? Seriously. I am tired of the women here saying they want things regulated. I don't need the government in my life like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• then do something about it.  or move.

Anonymous

• I am doing something about it. I am rebelling against the current regime of government involvement. Move? Why should I?
    Anonymous

• Why should we have to move? Why not stay and fight for our COUNTRY and our Freedoms?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I'm a Libertarian. Don't blame that crap on me.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• i want some regulations, and with that i know that there are responsibilties to having these regulations. if you don't want things like this then don't get welfare, pay all your own bills for healthcare, don't drive, don't eat unless you like it. period! i like the fact that they regulate things like food...otherwise most of us would be poisoned by now. and as for people getting abortions i don't really care but if the government does that's their problem. if you want the governement to cover it then follow their rules on it.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I am with you. I don't like abortion and have no use for women who get them but I don't want them made illegal. Clearly those who abort are not fit to be parents and we would have another abused child out there angry and full of hate committing crimes. I don't like a huge government and want less laws. We don't need all laws eliminated but many of the insane personal freedom laws should be done away with. If a person wants to be micromanaged move to Canada or to Europe.
    Anonymous

• Very well said angevil53!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 3:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• We do need drvers' licenses. We do need welfare if a definite need can be proved, but most of the items on that list are not even real. This whole thing is an exaggeration. But, hey, have fun with it, "rebels". LOL. I do also agree about the smoke issue. As long as pot is illegal, don't smoke it. Oh, and as long as pot scrambles your brain, disturbs the hormones in your body and fries your lungs, don't smoke pot,either. OK? Otherwise, there do have to be some regulations and some rules. Society goes nuts without laws and rules, regulations.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I agree OP.

Lindalu, most of the things on the list are real! The government regulates what can be put in food, smoking is against the law in many places..there is legislation to regulate the family garden!

I don't need to be micromanaged either. I think with the exception of basic rules for society the government needs to BUTT OUT!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Government involvement can END - when MY tax dollars STOP goign to those who are LEECHING off of the government and taking advantage of a system designed to HELP people who need HELP, NOT those who are 'entitled'.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 4:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2010