Spin off from Pot Smoking Question

Many people look down on those who smoke pot. Why? Is it only because it's illegal? What about those with valid prescriptions for it? Are they still low lives even though they have permission to smoke it? Where is the line drawn? I personally do not have anything against people who use it responsibly; meaning, they smoke a joint at night before bed or after work, same as coming home after a hard day and having a beer. Of course, I do not condone it being used around children, but I also don't like alcohol around them either. There is something called a Stupid Stoner. Those are the ones who should NOT smoke it at all, ever. More info and link in reply below.

NightPhoenix

Asked by NightPhoenix at 2:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• The stupid stoners wake and bake on exam days. They think being high is an end in itself and strive to be stoned as often as possible. When a stupid stoner shows up at your house, they usually feel it's their duty to compulsively decimate whatever stash you have immediately and save nothing for later. I'm sure we all know a few of these people. The stupid stoners are the people Cheech and Chong made fun of when they created the most widely accepted stereotype of a pothead.

The smart stoners, on the other hand, are the ones who use cannabis as a creative tool to enhance their lives. They know cannabis can be an asset if used intelligently. Bob Marley, Willie Nelson, Louis Armstrong, Ken Kesey, and Stephen Gaskin are among the many cultural icons that fall into the smart stoner category.

FULL STORY HERE

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• i am prolegalization. i dont think parents should abuse any substance ... or face losing kids... but yeah it should be legal, bettter for you then beer. you cant judge a group by their worst members (you call them stupid stoners) but as far as adults over 21 who arent driving... i dont have any issue with them using pot.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I think it should legalized and I dont even smoke it. same regulations as liquor.
    As long as your not doing it around your kids or you know your not bad decision maker under it's influence then all is cool. No baking in front of babies though :D
    PhatAttack

Answer by PhatAttack at 2:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Regardless - the fact remains that it IS illegal. It would be a COMPLETELY different story if it were legal.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• i agree with ruttermama, it is ILLEGAL! so don't do it, those who and have their kids taken away know what they were doing is wrong, this how we do it in america. if you mess up, you know the rules, there ARE consequenses. if you have a legal prescription follow the rules and regulations for that MEDICINE.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I have been around a variety of pot smokers.
    Some are functioning stoners who have good jobs and use it to relax.
    Then you have the stupid stoners who laugh when they get high and blow smoke into babies faces(I have seen it) then laugh some more.
    You have the ones who neglect family because they are high. My ex husband says 'what" like he's stoned when my girls call him.
    My step daughter has no clue on how to be a decent person or any idea that she has a dad. Her mil always has the kids and she doesn't mind because the kids have more fun with grandma. She wears a hoodie to her babies baptism and thinks my church going girls are loosers and that I dress her 5 yr old brother like a "prep" and she wants her 4 yr old to dress like a bum, like his dad.
    pot usually causes a person to lower standards,priorities and reduces self esteem. When I was married to my first husband his friends wore crap that Goodwill throws out
    Anonymous

• I have no respect for someone who uses mind altering substances legal or illegal.
    Anonymous

• ok so heres my opinion! i am fully with you. i smoke pot and i go to school part time in the evengings and i have a part time job on the weekends! personally i like to smoke a lil through out the day (when i wake up, when the DH comes home, and before bed) but i behave no differently than i do when i dont smoke. people who think it is some mind altering drug like excstacy or something have obviously never tried it. now yrs ago when i first began smoking the effects were a little more profound, but now after smoking for about 8 yrs its as normal as a cigarette. now i will put on a movie for my children in their room and i will go in my room and shut the door, i dont smoke around my kids so how can anyone say that is worse than someone riding in a car with their child smoking a cigarette...show me one cancer caused soley by pot use....ILLEGAL OR NOT POT IS POT!
    Anonymous

• pot maybe pot but if you were driving with your kids in the car and you got hit and lost a child because that driver was a "responsible" pot smoker, would you say oh hey that's o.k. or would your opinion change. yes it does alter your mind and slows you reflexes, and as for medical uses, there are few people who actually need it. it is illegal for a reason. and i smoke cigarettes but i don't even smoke in my house. especially not in my room that my kids will come into.
    Anonymous

• A 'responsible pot smoker" would not be driving around smoking pot in the first place, especially not with their children. I think this is one law that needs to be changed. Then some people could just chill out and smoke one. Alcohol is far more dangerous and mind/life altering than pot will ever be.
    Anonymous