Do you have any experience with homeschooling? What tips do you have?

What is your funnest experience while homeschooling?
I have teens that have been homeschooling for 5 years. :) We love it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Funnest? I feel so sorry for your children...
    Anonymous

I feel sorry for yours? Bitter and grouchy mom must suck for them.
    Anonymous

• I just started home-schooling this year, my boys are 4 and 6, and we absolutely LOVE it! I couldn't pick just one moment that was the most fun. Our philosophy is "If it's not fun, we're not doing it!"
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 3:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• We also just started homeschooling and we love it! I'm not really sure how I can pick just one moment, but we love being able to stay in our cozy jammies on those cold cold mornings doing out work :)
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

Please don't feel sorry for my children. I feel sorry for yours though, having such a rude and judgmental mother must be hard for them :)
    Anonymous

• its like the meanest and most hateful moms seek out these homeschool posts looking for any tiny little reason to ridicule those that homeschool, its pathetic, OP, just ignore that anon, probably the same one trying to make me feel like crap for homeschooling my daughter...what a sad person to be so mean and hateful :( NOW....we have only been homeschooling for a few weeks now but it was at my daughters request and after we experienced some not so great issues with her school :( So far the funniest moment was actually MY fault! I signed her up for a Katie Kazoo book club and she was so excited to get the first book and start reading for the meeting, BUT, I got the wrong book but was convinced it was the right one, I made her read it 4 times to make sure she would know all about it when discussing it at the club meeting....I felt so stupid when I found out I had gotten the wrong one! What could I do other than laugh?
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 3:43 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• OP Here: Oh, I don't care. I mean it. I can't spell worth a lick and I don't write well either. I really don't care. My kids spell well and they write well. No one is perfect. :)
    I MEANT WHAT IS THE MOST FUN THING YOU HAVE DONE WHILE HOMESCHOOLING? Ours was our trip to Washington, D.C. Man what a blast!
    Anonymous