Help Heartburn!

I have it so bad and I have tried everything vI can think of peppermint rolaids milk anyone have a home treatment they know of pleae I am so uncomfortable!!!

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Health

• Papaya enzyme (or eat a payapa)
    apple cider vinegar

Answer by rkoloms at 2:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I eat tums like it is candy. I also add a little bit of yougert to my diet. Its thicker then milk and will coat your stomach better. Vanilla Ice cream might help too.
    andreabwdn

Answer by andreabwdn at 2:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Prevacid OTC. Milk can make heartburn worse.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• cut the junk food, sit up straight, or stand after eating, eat smaller amounts of food. i found tums to work better than papya.
    good luck! i know it can get awful!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• sorry, also, if it is so bad that you get that watery feeling in your mouth than be sure to brush after you feel that, the acid can really erode the teeth!
    happy2bmom25

• Steamed cabbage works like a dream for me! I read that cabbage heals ulcers and you're supposed to juice it but ewwww....steamed works fine for heartburn, seriously, try it, you'll won't need antacids anymore I promise!
    Anonymous