Colic baby

I am thinking my son has colic. I noticed he cries a lot and I mean screams and nothing calms him down. Although he doesn't cry for 3 or more hours and it seems to be some wed, thurs, and tues at around 2 pm. He is about 3 mos and it started when he was bout 3 weeks I would say. Anyone with suggestions!

Prican91181

Asked by Prican91181 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Colic Calm by Hylands or gripe water may help.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Gripe Water, Gas Drops, Colic Calm may help. Also, 3 mo. is typically when colic starts clearing up so if your son hasn't been doing this all along, it might be something else. Constipation maybe? If so, an ounce or so of apple juice or prune juice spread out throughout the day might help. Finally, around 3 mo. is when my daughter started having trouble falling asleep...she needed to be put in a quiet room away from all the inputs of the house. When she became overly tired, she would literally scream (like "Red Face" scream for hours) until she screamed herself to sleep. Once I started recognizing her sleepy cues (fussiness, rubbing eyes, looking away from the activity, etc.) and I started putting her down for naps before she became overly tired...we were much better off. Sounds like you've noticed a pattern...try putting yours down for a nap about 30 minutes before you anticipate the screaming session. Good Luck.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2010