I aparently suck at math but for once its good for me?!

Okay so i opened an acct with BankofAmerica. They gave me the little card register, and that thing is a godsend! So i write every thing down religiously and highlight it once it clears. Ive even written things down a little early to make sure i dont think i have more money than i really do!! (ive ran into that problem before)..however now...im off, and not just a little like almost 100 bucks...online banking says i have WAY more than my little booklet! I have no idea what happened. I found 1 error and thats it. and when i ordered checks they havent been charged yet but thats only 20 bucks!! Im going cross eyed combing over my acct

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• Calculate the exact difference between your register and the online balance? If it is evenly divisible by 9 you may have transposed two numbers.

I work with numbers all day long and make that mistake frequently............it is a hard one to find.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 4:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• So you have checks that have not cleared?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• do u round on anything? i used to do that and i found i was about 200 bucks good :)
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Go by your register. Always. Rerun your entire register with a calculator. Keep checking the bank for new things clear. There is a possibility you forgot to write something down. My personal experience with Bank of America has not beeen good at all. Keep a very close eye on your account. Daily if needed. In the meantime..go by your register.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• compare your register to what's cleared. I find this easier to do by printing it out. I highlight in one color on both things that cleared. then in another color things in the register that haven't cleared. And then I take a very close look at anything on the bank's page that isn't in my book!

sounds like you may have a few things that haven't posted yet. you may have even forgotten to write down one or two, adding to the confusion. I hate it when I forget to write something down and it hasn't been posted yet.

and when in doubt, ALWAYS base your shopping on the lower balance! until you get it figured out!
    Anonymous

• I know sometimes when we have more online then I have planned it is because somewhere someone ( bills) hasnt cleared yet. LOL
    I also round up alot so if it is say 72.80
    Ill round up to 75 just incase Im wrong LOL.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• OP HERE::::I have keep the change, so i always have to round up, i have nothing pending, and i havent written any checks. i live on the website, i check my acct twice a day...and highlite my register...i ORDERED checks that were about 25 bucks..ive recieved the chks but havent been charged for them, and thats all ive found, everything else has cleared..i even wrote down one thing extra (last nights trip to walmart) that i had forgotten. My account has been WAY more positive than i have in my register for about 2 weeks now!!!
    Anonymous

• A few years ago Wells Fargo showed me as having $300 more dollars than I actually did in there.
    What happened?
    They wanted me to know that I could over-draw my account up to $300 if I wanted to, so they added $300 to the balance shown online.
    B-FREAKING-S if you asked me. DON'T spend the money yet. Call the bank and see what's up.
    Anonymous

• Don't trust that! esp. with Bank of Am. They are a rip off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Jan. 13, 2010