I need a trustworthy babysitter during the weekdays to help take care of my twins. Have used agencies etc.. Need someone with a clue. Any suggestion? We live in Nassau County, Long Island, New York. We have not had any luck.

Is there a sight on cafe mom that can help me find reliable help? Thanks.

twotired

Asked by twotired at 3:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldnt trust people online even on cafemom.
    Try looking at a local church. There are usually a few people who would love to help. That is where I got my babysitter a few years ago. They watched my son from 6 am to 3 pm.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I would go to meetings of mom groups like La Leche League or twin support groups and meet other moms. They can give you local info.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I'm in suffolk. Child care is big business on LI. Church, your local library has programs with child development specialist..you could ask them,... Does your school district offer any programs? Craigslist has listing of agencies under childcare. In the end its who you trust. How old are they?
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 3:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• try a local community college for their child development majors? I have 2 mommy helpers from my daughters school and they both go to a community college and major in child development.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 5:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Hi, this is Stacy. I’m a member of Care.com’s Mom Force—a team of work-at-home moms that helps with safety and customer service. I may be biased but as a mom I think Care.com is an amazing resource for finding care providers. The site offers free background checks, uses the Mom Force to review all care providers and job posts before we post them online, and gives you access to recorded references and reviews to help you decide who to hire. They also have exclusive members-only features like Care-on-Call (for last-minute care), Care Exchange (to meet families who want to exchange babysitting and pet sitting services). Plus an amazing selection so you’ll be able to find a match that’s right for you and your family. Good Luck in your search.
    SSCleve

Answer by SSCleve at 10:50 PM on Feb. 1, 2010