He has a fever & i dnt kno wat to do!

my 15 month old son has a fever but i dnt have any transportation, i dnt have any medicine is there anything i can do here at the house for him. hes not fuss, he is up runing round playin & smiling, but he is still burning up.

Mrs.Ferri

Asked by Mrs.Ferri at 3:09 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i'd try a cool bath, liquids and less running around - good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• as long as he's happy and playing, don't worry too much over it.
    Anonymous

• Keep him well hydrated and cool. As long as he is not lethargic or whiney, I would not worry.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Unless his fever is 102 or above, do nothing. If it get higher, you can give him a cool bath. I suggest you find someone to drive you to pick up medicine though. And go to the doc to ask about the poop issue as well. Unless he has had alot of milk and or crackers, pasta etc, to eat. How can you afford a computer and internet, but, no car? I have a car and a job and son, but, no computer or internet. Just curious.
    Anonymous

• Don't worry about it an enjoy playing with him.....

Really you don't need to medicate a fever. Febrite seizures are caused by how fast a fever goes up not the actual temp of it. Also contrary to belief he is not going to get brain damage or anything dangerous even if his fever was like 105....It's rare a body would let a temp go higher into the dangerous zone( I think around 107+).

Just keep him home, hydrated and make sure he gets some rest.

Anonymous

• FIRST OF ALL MY VECHILE IS BROKE DWN, & I HAVE A HIGH RISK PREGNANCY & I CANT WRK! THE COMPUTER & INTERNET IS NOT MINE ITS WAT MY SISTER PAYS FOR. IM TIRED OF EVERYTIME I ASK A QUESTION SOME ONE ONE HAS TO BE A SMART ASS & ASK SUMTHIN LIKE THAT, SOUNDS LIKE UR TRYIN TO MAKE ME SOUND LIKE A BAD MOM, & WHICH I KNO IM NOT! JUS CUZ I FET INTO A PREDICAMENT EVERYNOW & THEN, DOESNT MEAN IM NOT PUTTIN MY SON FIRST!!
    Mrs.Ferri

Answer by Mrs.Ferri at 3:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Well, you asked about the ppop thing, then, the fever. I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, I was curious, so that I know how to answer. I was trying to determine whether or not you were serious or a troll. Sorry to offend. You didn't specify what his temp was, or give very detailed questions. So, no need to shout at me or get hostile. You said you had no transportation and you didn't say it was broken down. You also didn't say whether you asked anyone else for advice or whther you called a doc already. So, yes, I assumed the worst.
    Anonymous

• That was an asshol comment by anon :12. Dont worry about her, you are obviously trying to do the right thing. I DO have a car and there was a time when DS had a fever and I didnt feel the need to run to the store for more tylenol.
    Tylenol masks fevers which are your body's way of getting rid of anything bad. Let it run its course as long as he is acting normal.
    Dont use a cool bath unless it gets REALLY bad. But try to keep him less active, the room cooler and his clothes light.
    What is his temp?

jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 3:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• don't worry op, about the fever, i agree whole heartedly with anon 3:16. Anon 3:12 is silly and not realistic. A computer is cheaper than the gas that goes into a car for goodness sake! Don't worry about any medicine either, it usually does more harm than good. The fever is fighting a foreign body (virus or bacteria) let the body do what it needs to do. Fluids and love are great!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Well i cant find my thermometer so i dnt kno the exact temp. i jus kno he has a fever cuz he is REALLY hot. thanks for the advice tho. im lettin him run round in his diaper & hes still not fussy & its goin dwn some nw.
    Mrs.Ferri

Answer by Mrs.Ferri at 4:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2010