Christians, do you have a guaranteed ticket into heaven simply because you are Christian?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Some of them sure act that way... "Oh, it's okay for me to be a judgemental bigot/racist/you name it, because I'm a CHRISTIAN, and therefore saved, but YOU (Ghandi, any random good person who happens to not be Christian) are going straight to hell". Gawd, I hate that. Good thing I don't believe in either heaven or hell, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• LOL. I know I must be going to Hell. I believe in a God...some kind of God. But that is about it. :-) Have a nice day!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Yes.
    If you are a true Christian. But you need to understand what most people dont; to be a Christian isnt just to believe in God. You have to follow and believe in Jesus Christ. If you have given your heart to Christ you are a true CHRISTian and automatically saved. Without him, no amount of good can save you from hell.

"For, it is by grace you have been saved, through faith. This is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works so that no man may boast." Ephesians 2:8
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• they do act that way, but really its taking jesus and god into your heart...even if you murdered, but to do that, you must feel remorse, and afterwards, you dont feel you deserve to go to heaven...just my take on that, but im not a huge bible thumper(not trying to be rude) so i wouldnt know exactly
    maxxsmommy13

Answer by maxxsmommy13 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• No.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• God sent His son Jesus, to give us the free gift of salvation, you have to believe, and ask for forgiveness of you sins, It's like if I gave you a free gift, just receive it, it's free, you have repented, or turned away from sins, you have a home in Heaven when Jesus returns you pray to God to get the help you need to live the Christian life.
    chevpam

Answer by chevpam at 4:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I think a few atheist have shown their true colors here.
    Anonymous

• No. Only those who "have endured to the end will be saved". But what you may think of by the label Christian may not necessarily be what the Bible shows is such. But, I personally won't be going to Heaven even if I am counted worthy of being saved ultimately. My personal hope is for life on a restored Earth, as promised.
    JWMum

Answer by JWMum at 4:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• No.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 4:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2010