Roseola???

I asked a question yesterday about my 19 month olds fever without other symptoms. Several of you said it might be roseola. Well, today she has no fever and a rash all over. So, my question is what did you do for it? How long does it last?
Thanks for the help!!!

Frogbaby83

Asked by Frogbaby83 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yup, roseola. Nothing you can do. The rash shouldn't itch and it won't leave permanent scares. Just leave it alone and it will go away on its own. (Note: Sometimes the severity of the rash varies...it could start off small and spread over the next few days. It typically starts on the trunk of the body and spreads from there...sometimes it doesn't spread at all....some kids don't even get the rash).
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• it just has to run it's course. nothing you can do.

if the rash seems to bother her though, give her a bath with that Aveeno oatmeal stuff.
    Anonymous

• Nothing you can do just let it runs it couse. I can't remember how long mine had it but it did not bug her at all. If the rash seems to bug her give her a bath with baking soda in it. Just sprinkle some baking soda in the water.
    Anonymous

• There's nothing you can do but the good news is now that the rash has appeared, your child is no longer contagious.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• my friends 13 month old JUST went through this, it was the first time I had even heard of it but her mother knew what it was. For 3 days he had a high temp and no other symptoms. On the third day, he broke out in a nasty red rash all over his body. My friend freaked out thinking it was an allergy and gave him some benadryl. It cleared right up within a day or two.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 3:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2010