Mommy Brain...

Now that I have a toddler I find myself caring for my fiance, family, and friends like I am their mother! I start cleaning their house, cooking for them, etc. without thinking. Sometimes when my friends say they need to talk to me I ask "Is everything ok honey?" the way I would ask my toddler. Anyone else have Mommy Brain?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I told my doctor one day about a big cut I had once. I described it as "a really big owie" lol. I also told my 28 year old brother (7 years older than me) NO! NO! when he was playing with a knife. He laughed and looked at me like I was crazy. Damn mommy brain. :-)
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• LOL....that is me! My youngest child is now 14 and I still say "I have to go potty".....
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 4:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• lol yeah mommy brain gets to all of us eventually I think. At least your friends and family are laughing about it though instead of getting offended. I don't think that it really goes away though, you just get used to taking care of others and it is an automatic mode that you can't shut off.
    Anonymous

• One day we're in walmart and my husband looks at me, cool as can be, and says, "I have to go peepee on the potty".......ever since then we've tried to talk "adult" to our son.

I do my best to not "mommy" too much. It offends some people.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2010