can you have ur yearly exam when preggo?

I am just concerned, my yearly exam is comming up but we are ttc. Is it dangerous for me to have on if i'm preggo and i don't know it yet?

Jenn710

Asked by Jenn710 at 3:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• no, but make sure whoever is doing it knows that you aer ttc and they will do it very carefully. i think, but really just make sure they know, you might want to call first, to check that the appt. is still a go.
    good luck
    maxxsmommy13

Answer by maxxsmommy13 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• no it's not dangerous at all. they usually do it anyway after you get pregnant just to be sure.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Yeah I'd say if you're ttc you may as well wait til you're pregnant to have it done. Most docs will redo it anyways. And it's not the most pleasant thing in the world so why do it twice!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 3:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Yes, it's safe! it's important to have them done anyways, and they do pap tests on pregnant women, so i'm sure it'll be fine if you are TTC. if you still arent too sure, it never hurts to call the dr. and ask!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2010