Is this okay?

Senator
Majority Leader Harry Reid has granted Sen Murkowski from Alaska a vote for January 20 that would block the EPA from regulating greenhouse gas emissions from coal plants and other polluters in 2010.

The vote — on an amendment to a must-pass bill to lift the debt ceiling — will remove the EPA's enforcement funding and power so big polluters like the coal industry can ignore the Clean Air Act

So is it okay with you that Republicans in congress are selling out on this whole idea of "too much national debt" to sneak in deregulation of green house gases?

Oh and snarky anons will be ignored.

SRiveroC

Asked by SRiveroC at 3:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• So, do you think it is okay to ignore the EPA and to let all kinds of pollution enter the atmosphere and damage our health? In 1970 when they created the Clean Air Act they wanted to clean the air, ok? What could be easier to understand?
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 3:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Yes.
    Anonymous

• Harry Reid is a Democrat. I guess he is selling out too.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it is okay to ignore the Clean Air Act. So, Reid thinks it is okay? Can he make any more big mistakes? Yikes.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Can't the Democrats with their majority STOP THIS?
    Anonymous

• Not likely, Anon :39. Reid is the Democrat majority leader. I'm surprised he is on board. Sell-out.
    Anonymous

• The Clean Air Act was created in 1970. Does Earth Day ring a bell? Does air pollution seem ok? It doesn't seem like a good thing to allow more air pollution. Hmmm?
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• It's fine with me. The EPA declaring carbon dioxide a danger is nothing more than a back door means of getting some of the control they wanted with cap and tax.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Did ANYONE read the article?

The proposed legislation would simply stop the EPA from going FORWARD with new regulations

Sen. Lisa Murkowski on Tuesday left open the possibility that she would seek a vote next week on stopping the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency from going forward with regulations to limit greenhouse-gas emissions.

"I do not believe and I don't believe that most of my colleagues in the Senate believe that the EPA is the entity that is the best suited to develop climate-change policy for this country," Ms. Murkowski (R., Alaska) told reporters. "I'm trying to get a time-out. I'm trying to allow the legislative process to proceed. I'm hopeful that we'll be able to have a vote that will allow for that discussion."

It has NOTHING to do with the Clean Air Act of 1970.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2010