How much does your 6 month old weigh?

My son weighs 19 just wondering if hes average or bigger.....people seem to say hes a big boy.....but he look average to me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies come in ALL sizes...comparing is the road to madness.

At six months. look for double birthweight.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• That is 75yh percentile so above average
    nothing wrong with being above or below
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• ahhh my baby just turned 6 months. he weighs 14 lbs. believe me, he eats all day, but stays slim.... hes really long, above average for 6 month old, he is long and skinny. cute tho... and hes been eating solids for 2 months now too.
    foxyladyjoie

Answer by foxyladyjoie at 3:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• My daughter weighed 17 lbs at her 6 month check-up.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 3:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• My son is almost 6 months and weighed in yesterday at 13 lbs 5 oz. The nurse said he's small but so are most of the babies in my family at that age so Im not worried. I wouldnt worry about other people telling you that he's too big or too small. as long as he's healthy and developing, dont worry about it.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 3:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• i know kids come in all different sizes i was just curious to see what other babies his age are weighing....my 3 year old weighed 19 lbs at 11 mths old so yes i had a skinny little guy and he was/is always in the 2% for weight so im not use to a chunky monkey....lol
    Anonymous

• Ah....if that's what you're looking for...yes, you do have a Sumo Baby. **grin** Mine was probably 16 pounds at that age. I've known others who were only 12-13 pounds. But again...look at where they START.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I know this is off point off the question...but it brings back sad memories. When we had to go get my grandson and g-daughter from their parents via CPS...my g-son was 2 weeks from his first birthday and he weighed 14.9 lbs.m g-daughter was 2 yrs 2 months and weighed 21 lbs.....and people wonder why I still get upset everytime I think about it.
    My own boys were 13 and 16 pounds at 6 months
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I don't remember 6 months, but I just weighed my 14 month old and he weighs 20 lbs!

Answer by missanc at 8:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2010