How do I get my kid to stay in bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my son was going on a streak where he would get up every night in the middle of the night and come sleep in my room so i warned him if he didnt stay in his bed i would put a gate in his door, i ended up putting the gate in his door 2 nights the first night he got up and cried cause he couldnt get out but i just put him back in bed and he was fine the second night he never got up the third night and since then i havent used the gate and he stays in his bed all night he is 3 1/2
    Anonymous

• It's totally out of Supernanny. But the Stay In Bed technique is not working. She's gone without her lovey, hasn't watched tv in almost a week, tonight we tried a rewards chart - stay in bed tonight and you get TV AND TINKERBELL THE MOVIE, tomorrow Chuck E. Cheese!!! Tugged her in with a book and a flashlight and 10 minutes later she's back out. Two nights ago it was 90 minutes of her getting out approx. 400 times. As soon as one of us left the room she jumped out of bed. We finally had to just hold the door handle. 3 minutes of hysteria and she went to bed for a few minutes, then she tried again. She also does this in the middle of the night when she wakes up. She had a night light and is not afraid of the dark, asks us to close the door when we leave. She's never slept in our bed and we intend to keep it that way. She turns 3 next week.
    Anonymous