i want another baby...NO BASHING!

ok u may think im crazy but i am starting to want to have another baby! my bf and i have been together for just under 4 yrs. i have a 5 yr old from a previous relationship and a 20 month old from my bf. we plan on getting married next yr, but for now i am on some public assistance, i have a part time job (i get no cash assistance only food stamps and medicaid), i am a stay at home mom, and i am currently taking a break from school until my son gets old enough for daycare/school. i really want to have one more baby then get my tubes tied! i want to wait until im off PA and married but i dont want to have to interrupt school again further down the line i want to finish in one shot! i know some of u are going to try to bash bc i get food stamps, but i do the best i can to take care of my family and i am almost done with school and engaged...what do u think?? i dont wanna wait too long i would like them all to be 4 yrs apart

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Im not going to bash but I will say that maybe you should finish school, get off of PA and then have another baby. Get your life to a better place before you bring another child into it. In my opinion, a couple should be self sufficient before having kids and have enough savings to be prepared for an emergency should one come up. I also beleive that people should be married and have a stable home before having kids.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 4:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• So you're basically asking us full time working tax payers if its okay that we support another one of your children? Really?!

Anonymous

• Sorry you want no bashing but you know that that is all you are going to get. That is all I'm saying
    Anonymous

• Why are you in such a hurry?? I say finish school and then get a job - get married - have another baby. What age will your 20 month old be old enough for day care??? I know most take them from age 6 weeks. So IDK. Time is going to go very fast... I have no idea how old you are, but don't worry about it now. Your youngest is not even 2. Get back in school - now and finish. The more kids you have, the older you get, the harder it'll be to get back in school.

Don't be in a hurry. IF baby fever is getting you that badly - get a puppy - that'll cure that fever in a HURRY!!!

Good luck!!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 4:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Get off your ass - get off PA - get married - THEN have more kids!!! Geez - is it really TAHT hard??
    Anonymous

• Graduate school, build up a nice nest egg for your family, be able to actually start a college fund for the kids you have NOW, and then talk about another baby.

Just because you want a baby doesnt mean its the right time to. Youre obviously not pregnant... so prepare yourself and your family the right way.

Dont be greedy.
    Anonymous

• Get your schooling finished first...better to do it NOW than later.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Sometimes it's not about what you want. It is about what is BEST for the entire situation. Get a job, get off of PA - OR - finish school & get a job & off of PA - get married like you are planning to do - THEN start trying to have another baby. Having 3 kids will do nothing but make life MORE difficult and expensive.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 4:09 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I believe that holding another baby and knowing that others are having more children really does make you think that you want to have another of your own. But really think about it. What would it hurt to wait until you finish school and have a job that can support a good lifestyle for your kids? Going from two to three kids I think is truly difficult. The bills are larger, the money doesnt' stretch as far as it does with only two, there are so many difficulties brought on. If you can't make it now, you won't be able to make it with another child either. It will only worsen your situation. Part of the problem with many people is instant gratification, we have credit cards to buy that tv rightnow instead of saving and planning and budgeting for it, and we have PA to let us have anoother baby rightnow instead of waiting and planning and budgeting. I wish you the best of luck...but my advice is to wait.
    Anonymous

• We are considering if we even want another child. We currently have one and are content with that for now, however we are making the right moves for ourselves to open the possibility of having another one in the next two years.

We are setting money aside for savings, down payment on a house, our current childs college fund, etc. We are not on ANY public assistance, not even WIC. I am a SAHM and he is military.

I personally dont believe on getting on any PA unless absolutely necessary.

Fix your family. Since youre on PA there is a reason why. Its because you cant support the family you have now. You saying you want another baby is just like saying that you want another baby but cant support it, but you want it anyway. Learn how to support your family NOW in this day and age and then talk about having another one. Will your house hold another person? What about your car.. Is it reliable? Are you in debt? What about daycare?
    Anonymous