How do your kids spend time with their Grandparents?

I asked a question previously and the responses I got made it seem like kids don't spend time with Grandparents anymore! My FIL is only 60...not old! He's the one who told DH and I "when your mother and I were younger we used to go out every weekend and leave you with your Grandparents, overnights, and for weekends". It's not like we go out ever...I needed him one day!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My son usually spends one or two nights a month at his grandparent's house so that we can get a break and they can spend time together. In addition to that, we spend a lot of time as a family at their house too.
    Anonymous

• When ever we go visit they see them
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• My almost 3 year old will spend from 1 day to a weekend of 4 days with his grandparents. Me, being a SAHM and hubby working 60-70+ hours some weeks, they give us the weekend just for us. They even come and get him!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 4:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• And how often is that Mrs.Owen?
    Anonymous

• My son and I go visit my mom almost every day. She is my best friend so I can't imagine going longer than say a week without seeing her! =)
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 4:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• THey don't, really. When they were smaller, my dad would come over and play for hours. They were his life, but he passed away in 2000. None of their other grandparents really make any kind of effort. They used to be babysat by my husband's mom when they were smaller, but they've never came over for a visit or anything. They don't attend the kid's sporting events or anything. It's really a shame, because if my dad were still alive, he'd be around. He woudn't miss anything. When I'm a grandparent, I'm going to make sure my hubby and I are in our grandkids' lives.
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• my daughter sees her grandparents every day!! my mom is my babysitter while i go to work...

however she only sees her other grandparents once every 2-3 months..which is fiiiiiiiiine by me, cuz i HATE them!!!!!! (me and daughters dad arent together) they hat me i hate them! my daughter is 5, i havent seen or talked to his parents since i was pregnant! ohhhh itsa log story so i wont get into it..but ya, i wish they would just stay away from my daughter, but i cant control what myex does with my daughter when he has her!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Out of 6 grandchildren that I have... I have custody of one... 3 we get for a week or 2 each summer and the other 2 we do not see at all...
    We live about 1 1/2 hrs from the other children so having them up each summer gives my one dd a break... but all of our lives are extremely busy for the kids to spend anymore than that with us...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• we go to the farm and play.

my girls just had a sleepover there too (the first time ever).

and next weekend dh and I have a date to go see fiddler on the roof. we're going for breakfast and they're taking the kids for the day.

we spend a lot of time with my parents.

dh's mom....well she's not interested in our kids (just BILs kids)

my brother and I spent summers being shipped between grandparents houses lol...it was challenging then as we were in 2 different countries but it was fun!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• We live in Indiana. My parents live in California and my inlaws live in Arkansas. My kids see their grandparents a couple of times a year.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2010