Do you think it's tacky to put a childs wants on an invitation?

My son just got invited to a Birthday party and the invitation lists wants...such as DS games, Wii games, shoes size, jewelry! Are you kidding me? These items are pricey and this family doesn't have money like that either...meaning they would not spend that on my child! I think it's sooooo tacky!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm not Emily Post, but I would feel awkward doing it. If parents want gift ideas they will usually ask when they call an RSVP, but that's just my experience.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 4:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• It could be but I also would look at it as it gives Ideas. I cant tell you how many people called asking what my son would like for his bday.
    You dont have to get what they wrote. It is just like a wish list.
    Im sure the kid will be happy with whatever they get.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• yes, for other families other than your own i would say it's a no-go. if were my mother i would he wants such and such.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• It does seem tacky. They do have a gift registry at Target, but I think that is just for weddings and baby showers.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 4:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Yes, I think its tacky and would never do it.
    AND, if I received an announcement like that I would ignore it or call and let the family know our money is tight and they will get what we can afford. If that isnt good enough my child wouldnt be going.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• tacky& rude!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Very tacky. You can say that maybe you're registered at this particular place... As that isn't a rare thing anymore.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 4:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Extremely tacky. I'd consider not letting my child go, and if I did, we'd buy a dollar store gift. I know my family doesn't have that kind of money to spend on another kid, shoot, even my own kid didn't get that much for her birthday yesterday!
    Anonymous

• thats tacky unless its for something like please bring X charity purpose and not a gift......
    my daughter has charity bday partys and we always included the theme or organiation everything is going to........
    other than that it just rude to think other people are going to purchase these things.....
    on the other had maybe the kid wrote the invites i would check with the parents before i go to upset.......
    Anonymous

• my children have wish lists on amazon.com
    we usually have a no gift policy for birthdays but when it comes to Christmas and other holiday, if some one wants to get them a gift we point them towards amazon.
    This helps keep our children from getting things twice, things they won't like or use and it's just easier all around.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 4:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2010