Do you think ALL murderers should die?

Even if they accidentally killed someone, even in involuntary manslaughter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• If they've admitted to intentionally killing someone, yes.

Not if it was accidental. Not if they've never admitted to it. ONLY if both of the top apply.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 4:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Not if it was an honest accident. Not if it was in self defense, or the defense of someone else. Someone murdering their spouse to avoid divorce, or for the insurance payout, yes. Someone murdering just to murder, yes.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Now will we hear from the real prolifers?
    Anonymous

• Is this middle school?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Even if they intentionally killed someone, I don't think they shoud AUTOMATICALLY be executed.

I think that is the way it is already in most states. The death penalty is reserved for really egregious crimes, and even then requires extra hearings and adjudication before it is carried out. An accidental death is not even treated as first-degree murder to begin with ...

And ... please ... abortion of an unborn baby is hardly to be compared with the sentencing of a criminal who has killed.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• "Real Prolifer" here. I do NOT believe in capital punishment at all. I do not believe humans have the right to take the life of another human, from conception to natural death, ever. Not unless you are defending yourself or the life of someone else. If deadly force is needed then, it is horrible, but necessary.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Absolutely not. Everyone deserves the right to a fair trial and deserves the right to pay their debt to society.
    ON THE OTHER HAND.... If someone is a violent, multiple offender - then the execution method SHOULD be used.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 5:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• no
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:33 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• No,that would just be the easy way out for them.I would say I would rather die than spend the rest of my life behind bars.Now I do say that people who beat,rape,torture and kill innocent children should have the same things done to them.Just my opinion.
    MommyLove23

Answer by MommyLove23 at 5:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I certainly believe that the folks who murder in cold blood should be on death row. Especially if the person murdered a child or mother/father of children. My heart breaks for mothers and fathers who lose their child to a murderer and for the children who lose a parent because of a heinous act of violence. On the other hand, I don't feel that someone who accidentally killed someone should be on death row, or the folks who kill someone in self defense. JMO.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2010