how can i get my 19mth old to be interested in going potty on the toilet?

my 19mth old loves to run in the bathroom (so he can play w/ his bathtoys in the tub) whenever my husband or i go to the bathroom we always mention it , "mommas going potty" or something like that . My son just looks at us and continues on to what hes doing. Will he get more curious ?

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well with my oldest he would do the same thing..just look....I went threw so much to get him to use the potty. I just let him come around. My little girl would go and if we went she would clap for have found that boys are diffrent my youngest has a potty now and he does everything to it but use it and he is 19 will be fine...

Answer by kay31 at 5:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I made a small chart to put on the wall at her level, and every time I went potty, I would have her sit on hers, and if she went potty she would get a sticker to put on her chart.

Answer by lynenedubbels at 7:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Good luck with that one. My 6yro was easy. My 3yro in the past 2weeks has gotten potty trained and I've been working with him since he was 2

Answer by MommyInfinity at 8:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• It will click with him eventually. There isn't a certain age for every child to be potty trained. Some it's earlier and some don't show interest until they are older. My advice is when you do start to full fledge potty train you stay consistant in whatever routine you find is best for you. I was always consistant but m rewards and things changed when I saw that that particular one wasn't working.

Answer by MommyInfinity at 8:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• have you tried the singing potty?? My daughter is 10 months and has one (but she's too young to use it) but my niece absolutely loves it. when she's at my house she doesn't want to use the "big potty" only this one. here's a link to it

Answer by MrsJacksonWest at 8:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2008