Had anybody ever rented movies from the red box?

How does it work? Can you really rent it for just one night for $1? Do you have to pay cash?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I use it all the time. It's really $1 if you return by 9pm the next day! You need a credit or debit card and an email address. I think it's the best thing since sliced bread lol.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 4:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I LOVE redbox! But no, you can't pay cash. You need to use your debit or credit card, and yes, it's only $1 a night. You can keep the movie as long as you want, but when you return it they will charge you $1 for every night you had the movie. I think if you keep the movie for 25 nights they charge you the $25 and you get to keep the movie.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 4:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Yes, I have. It's only $1 a night. You have to pay with your credit card, and you get charged when you return it based on how many nights you kept it. If you don't return it, they charge your card for the price of the DVD, which I'm unsure of the amount. It's pretty convenient, but they don't have the greatest selection and if you get stuck behind a slow person you could be standing there forever.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Redbox just raised their rates at almost all locations to $2 for the first night and $1.00 for each additional night. Register with them online and you get frequent codes for free rentals. Any problems with a rental and they will credit you and give you a free rental. It's an excellent service.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 4:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• ohh good cuz I really only ever use my debit card! Thanks ladies! I'm going to rent one tonight for date night hehe.
    Anonymous

• Used it once, used a debit card to pay for it.

Yes, it was just a dollar.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• All the time. No cash. Debit/credit only. $1.00+tax, they charge you every night at 9:00 and will stop after $25.00. Just pick your movie, slide your card, movie pops out. Get it back by 9:00 the next night. If you got to there website, you can check to see if a movie is available and hold it until you get there. They will give you codes for two free movies if one you rent is scratched. Just message customer service, doesn't happen alot though. I also get a free code the first Monday or every month.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• My dd uses redbox in her town but in my town we have a green box. Both are the same just different companies. Yes they are just $1.00 if you bring them back the next day. After so many you get coupons for a free rental. (debit and credit only)

Answer by admckenzie at 4:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I haven't used Red Box, but I've used a similar one at Bi-Lo. That one is $0.99 + tax (which makes it $1.05 here) for one night, $1.49+tax for each night thereafter (to be charged when you return the movie; if you keep it longer than 15 days, they charge you the $25+tax purchase price). You cannot pay cash; you have to use a credit or debit card -- that way they have a means to get their money if their movie doesn't get returned. Also, the one I go to, if you tell it to send you an e-mail receipt, it will also send you a coupon code for a rent-one-get-one-free rental to be used in the next two days.

Basically, you just go browse the movies they have, pick out the one(s) you want, swipe your card, and it gives you the movie(s). And to return them, you just stick them back in the slot. It should have specific instructions.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Never used it, I use netflix.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2010