my 13 months old has been taking 3 naps lately!

that's a lot isn't it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, it is a lot. Is he ill?
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 4:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• No, it is not a lot. It depends on how long the naps are for. My son is nearly 3 and still takes a LONG nap during the day. It is just 1, but it is usually between 3-5 hours.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 4:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Not necessarily. My son just turned 1 and some days will take one nap, other days it might be 2, and if he is actively teething or going through a growth spurt it is not uncommon for him to take 3.
    Anonymous

• I was thinking growth spurt as well. Our DS did that during growth spurts and wanted to be held a lot more.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• He may not be feeling well or he may be going through a growth spurt.. my ds is 16mo and takes 2 naps during the day, both are between 1.5-2 hours long. When he's not feeling good he will either want to sleep more or he'll wake up constantly. Give it a week see if his schedule goes back to normal
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 9:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2010