Are there any Christians that have tattoos? What does your church say about them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• They don't care. My pastor has a ton.
    Anonymous

• I know several who have them.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I have one.... I read if you have peircings or tattoos you have no reason to judge others. I figured since I had my ears peirced when I was 5 a tattoo wasn't going to hurt. And the older generation of my church always asks "are you going to regret you're tattoo?".... it's a tat with my dd's name so NO. Everyone else doesn't care and half of them have tats anyways!
    Anonymous

• I have 5. All but one of them were done after I became a Christian. My Pastor has two half sleeves.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 5:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Does it count if I got one as a christian?? LOL

My church, at the time, did not think highly of them and tried to teach the importance of not getting them cuz they were destroying(in a sense)the temple which is our body.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• We have all kinds of people with piercings and tatoos at my church. The whole point of being a Christian is that you have accepted Christ as your Lord and savior.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• The names of the days of the week are pagan, are we to stop using them too? What about inventions that pagans have created? In my opinion it's whats in the heart. How dare you criticise those christians who get their tattoos as glory to God. It's their own form of worship, should I come over and nit pick how you worship? Our bodies are a living sacrifice, tattooed or not! We all go through the struggles of dying to our sinful natures.
    Anonymous

• I'm just saying that you prolly do things in your worship God doesn't approve of so why assume that you are so perfect as to criticise other's? I criticised you to give you your own medicine.
    Anonymous

• As you have guessed by now I am sure... I am a Christian...

I have tattoos and my husband has tattoos - and guess what -- we were leaders at our last church youth group -- and we were NOT the only ones who had tattoos! We had about 50 leaders (a youth group of 300+) and probably half had tattoos.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Answered at 6:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 by: m2KnL
    If some one has a tattoo, I'm not saying you can't be forgiven for it. And I'm not saying one has to get their tattoos removed. People in my family have tattoos who are Christian, tattoos that were gotten before being a Christian. Many Christians with tattoos are now sorry for them and believe too that they are wrong to do.

I'm sorry - i HIGHLY disagree!!! I have a tattoo and see NO reason to ask for forgiveness for it. I got my tattoo AFTER I became a Christian. I am not sorry that I got it and actually want more. I do NOT feel it was wrong to get it!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2010