has anyone tried the alli diet pills how do they work?

need to lose over 30lbs and im dietbic on pills can i take the alli diet pills

bayleesmum

Asked by bayleesmum at 5:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i am thinking of using them myself. i need to lose 30 too. if you do find that they work for you please let me know. good luck with your weight loss goal. i started working out today.
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• If you eat fatty foods, they will give you really bad gas and you will leak poop out of your anus. That is really how it works, so it works to deter you from fatty foods so you don't have embarrassing problems in public....
    Anonymous

• I hear ali gives your the sharts (shi** when you fart) so be careful!!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I took them and they clogged me up. It took over a month to get my bowels back in proper working order. I gained 4 lbs (am guessing it was the clogged guts). I didn't lose any weight and I exercise and am careful what I eat (no junk, I use portion control, etc) I would not recommend it to anyone.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• p.s. If you are a diabetic, do you take Metformen (spelling?) My dd is a diabetic and got on that and the weight just came off her like crazy. I have to work to get mine off and her's just came off without working out or dieting!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• i agree with rkoloms.
    my hairdresser said she tried it and that it made her urine turn blue, and she lost control of her bladder too!
    scary to me!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• You can check here for some more ideas:

New Year, New You!!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:13 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• my mom tried it and said she had like a orange colored oil come out of ur butt all the time. she said it was embarassing. she doesnt take them anymore
    Anonymous