Should I get involved and tell my brother???

My brother's girlfriend is 4 months pregnant. Her and I were talking yesterday about having more kids in the future (I have 2) and I told her that DH doesn't want anymore. She then told me how she tricked my brother into getting her pregnant!! I had no idea she did this, and my brother still doesn't know. She told him she was pregnant before she ever got pregnant. That way he quit using a condom and she got pregnant 2 wks later when she ovulated. Since they don't live together it wasn't hard for her to hide her period from him. I know my brother well enough that he won't be too involved in the week counting and will most likely never catch on.
I was very mad at her when she told me this. I told her that is an awful thing to do and a bad thing to have in a relationship. He had already been ring shopping before she got pregnant and now they have definite plans to get married next yr. cont

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• So its not like they weren't already in a serious relationship. She said she did it because she is ready to have kids now and he told her he wanted to wait another ten years or so (they are both 24). I told her she is selfish and is starting their life together with a huge lie. He was very clear to her that he isn't ready to be a dad as of now. I don't think it is my place to tell him, but she said she won't do it. And if I tell him she will just play innocent and say that I am lying and jealous. I love my brother and don't want him to be hurt, he has been warming up to the idea of being a father. What is done is done. So it doesn't seem like any good will come from telling him. My husband says to just stay out of it.
    Anonymous

• I would tell her to tell him or you will. B/c that is a pretty major trick/lie.. what else is she willing to do to get what she wants? i wouldn't like that at all. ONE of you needs to tell him.. preferably the girlfriend not you... my question is how in the world did she know she would actually get pregnant that time? some people have a very hard time getting pregnant and it takes much longer then they think to actually get a positive test.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• You're right, your brother won't catch on. But if she lied about this...she'll end up lying about something else. I foresee this marriage as being doomed before they even take the vows.

I would stay out of it. Karma will get her.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I would tell her to tell him or you will

That's what I told her. Thats when she said she won't do it and if I do she will make me seem like a lying, jealous b****.
    That was my same thought about the time table of her getting pregnant. I guess since she figured that she is young and has regular periods, that she is fertile and able to get pregnant right away.
    Anonymous

• Definitely stay out of it what's done is done. They were serious before she got pregnant and you said he's warming up to the idea. Just let it be. Because if you tell him it might stop him from really warming up to the idea and enjoying the pregnancy with her and might get in the way of him bonding with his child because he might let his anger get in the way to spite her then it will raise other issues. I wouldn't open this can of worms. He's a big boy and he'll figure it out for himself and later on it probly will come back and bite her in the ass! Good luck, hope all goes well:)
    Proudmom_28

Answer by Proudmom_28 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• he's your brother, blood is thicker, tell him
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I would strongly suggest that she tell him; imply that you will if she does not.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Stay out of it. It will all catch up to her eventually. And what good will come from you telling him??
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Just tell him he can do what he wants but that he needs to know what his g/f told you. At least you can say you told him. I don't think it's right for someone to know something big and then say nothing. Since she will not tell it you owe it to him to say something.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 7:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2010