how can i lost weight the right way i only need 20 more pounds to lose and my goal is to try to lose it in 6 months

i have lost 35 pounds already but now i am at a stopping point. i can not get past this for nothing in this world. I would like for some guidance on how to get over this bump in the road.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Health

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• There are different ways of getting to the weight you want to be. Cutting more calories, finding a workout buddy to keep you motivated to workout more, surgery, or diet pills.

For me, I hit my road block when my pooch just refuses to go away. I exercised beforehand, but that jiggly belly just wasn't going away. I've lost inches everywhere else, but my lower abdomen. In the morning, my pooch wasn't too bad...until I ate...then out it pops like I'm 4 months pregnant again. =P I wanted to do something safe and natural and so when I found out about a new of doing it....I was curious and finally gave in to try it out myself. Why not, right? Anyhoo, after 3 weeks I was went from 143 to 134 without having to change the foods I ate or exercise or have surgery. (At the time, our family situation prevented me from hitting the gym.) The pooch has flattened enough for me to "feel" my muscles working when I do exercise.
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 6:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• So yea, if you've tried everything else...be open minded and try something new. (But be safe about it!) I don't mean to take those hydroxcut pills or anything like that...those are actually being recalled...and they do make you jittery. If want to know what I've been doing, just message me. These response boxes aren't big enough to explain.
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 6:43 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Step up your excersise. When people hit a plateau in their weight loss it is because their body has adjusted to the workout plan. You just need to do a little more then you were doing. Whethere 10 minutes longer, or add an extra excersise. Cardio to lose weight, strength excersise to tone.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• To add to what JazzlikeMraz said...more strength training to burn calories more intensely as well. Consider getting a trainer who is truley an expert in this and can get you over your plateau. Even if you only hire him/her for a month they can set you in motion again.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 6:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2010