How to take care of yourself while waiting to get treated with 2 pinched nerves on your back?

Dh had a MRI done and it showed he had 2 pinched nerves they told him he would have to schedule an appointment to get 2 shots on those nerves to help him cope with the pain and at the same time get better without the surgery. Has anyone gone through this?

Thank you ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Health

• I had a pinched nerve in my neck when I was pregnant. I was refered to a massage therapist, and it helped a lot.
    Anonymous

• Pinched nerves hit me twice in a couple of years. The first time I was stupid and kept up my usual schedule. But the second time enough was enough - damn it was as bad as labor. After an e r told me it was a pinched nerve and nothing worse cuz I had numbness in my left arm and too I went to bed for a week and only got up to pee, flat on my back. I listened to cd's and tv I didn't even turn my head to see the tv.

I was better way faster staying off my feet. My husband had to come home from work to pick up kids and he came home to make me lunch too sometimes. It was almost worth it to have that care.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 6:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• shots won't change your situation. you could try a chiropractor...many experience relief after the first adjustment. You could try massage, accupuncture, physical therapy. I would not do drugs though. Pain is your body's way of telling you there is a problem. if you hide that pain with meds, you are likely to injure yourself further.
    good luck! I hope you call a chiropractor!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• A chiropractor would be the best thing - a shot isn't going to make the nerve become unpinched, getting what's pinching it back in proper place are what he needs - and that's what a chiro does - and I can guarantee it's a heckuva lot cheaper too, and safer!
    Anonymous