How soon after a c-section can you safely carry another pregnancy?

Because I'm a horny idiot and did it with my hubby ONE TIME and used a condom, told him I'd rather wait until I was on birth control, you know, just in case. My son is literally 6 weeks old tomorrow and I just peed on a stick and got a BFP. Yeah, I'm not exactly thrilled and I know it was stupid to even do it once before being on birth control, condoms are only %97 effective... blah blah blah so I took the wind out of your sails ladies who want to bash.
My 6 week check up is tomorrow, what do you think the Dr. will say? How bad is this? I know it's not the ideal timing to say the least, but can you have a baby back to back after having a c-section?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My doctors always recommended waiting one year to 18 months.

My second and third children are 19mths apart so I didnt wait a full year to get pregnant LOL. It was a surprise for sure but all went well.

Your doctor will probably not be surprised cuz he's probably seen it before LOL dont worry too much I say. Probably just need to take it easy for a bit is all.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• They recommend waiting 1 year.
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 6:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Medical professional I have spoke and worked with suggest 2 years after any birth...c section or vaginal delivery. That gives your body the right amount of time to heal. I am not saying something will be wrong now. Obviously people do not wait all the time. Take care of yourself!
    mommytoangel407

Answer by mommytoangel407 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• If you are pregnant, there is not much you can do about it. You will just have to be carfull.

Answer by louise2 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• My sons are 15 months apart... and I had a vaginal birth after c-section. Just make sure (espiecially if your not breastfeeding) to try to stay as fit and healthy as possible to reduce the chances of rupturing and easier recooperation.
    AmandaPina703

Answer by AmandaPina703 at 12:06 AM on Jan. 13, 2010