need info

My husband has managed to get into some trouble and we are trying to figure out whats going to happen. He got arrested for lewd and something or other..cant remember. Anyways he just keeps getting court dates and I'm so sick of waiting. Does anyone have any insight. Its a first offense. He had never been arrested before this. please some help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• If the court reschedules him several times, he can petition to have the charges dropped. We're are entitled to rapid due process. If the court is disorganized, he can probably get it dropped with the help of an attorney.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• well he went today and now he has to go back next month..they haven't told him anything...
    Anonymous

• This can go on for a long time. It's possible the witness didn't show up. They keep laying it over to let the witness show up or to give his attorney a chance to build a case. Have him talk to his attorney. If he is going to take a plea they need to work it out. This is a pretty serious charge and can keep him from having certain jobs so I'd be asking for a dismissal. Some attorneys will let you email them.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I don't know about where you live but here in Ontario we give first appearance dates that are 4 - 5 weeks after the initial offence and then the courts decide on that day when the next appearance will be. Usually it gets remanded a few times for various reasons and the actual trial doesn't occur for quite some time. I wonder if you could find a website for the courts where you live and see if there is any info there? And like the PP said, his attorney will have answers for you on that.

Its a long frustrating process for everyone involved where I work. Hopefully it's better there! And that is a pretty serious charge and not to be dismissed lightly.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2010