im scared even though i have like 133 days to go i am

im really scared to go into labor. how will i know when my water breaks will i get a gush or what? is anyone else scared like i am if this is ur 1st pregnancy?

stargirl90

Asked by stargirl90 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My first, honestly I've not thought that much about the water breaking as actually squeezing this little person out of my ...vagina.. I heard for that if you start putting vitamin E oil or lotion down there it helps with the elastisity (sp?) of the vagina and can prevent extreme tearing. I'm pretty little, and the 3 men I've been with always hurt me and it's not like they were some crazy 10 inches or more. so I'm more scared of doing that than water breaking. But when I start thinking of the labor and pain I get really scared!! Like what if my baby's head gets stuck? etc. I'm doing natural and of course without (as of now) an epidoral but we'll see. Oh I've 114 days till my due date, but they say first babies are often late...oh joy ;)
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Don't be afraid. When my water broke it was just like I was peeing my pants but it wouldn't stop. lol I was honestly expecting everything about labor and delivery to be worse from the way I've always heard it described. It is a natural process. I did it all drug free and normally have a low pain tolerance. I think once it happens you are too in the moment to be scared anyways. Just try to relax. Congratulations on your first baby!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 7:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• When my water broke it was like a water balloon popped. I didn't continually leak a lot it just dribbled. I wasn't really scared of the pain. I was going to go as natural as I could, and I did get meds to take the edge off the pain. I only had 2 doses before they told me that I needed a c-section. I was already at 7cm and I don't' think my doc wanted to come and deliver at 11 p.m. I wish you luck, but there really isn't anything to be scared of IMHO.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• your water might not break before labor begins. that happens to less than 1/4 of moms. i'd read a book to build confidence. our bodies ourselves pregnancy is good, so is ina may's guide.

birth is awesome! :)
    Anonymous

• My water leaked. I thought I was just peeing a little everytime I moved, but I finally got worried and went in. My baby is 3 1/2 months. I was terrified. Especially when they told me they were admitting me. It all went by so fast though. I was 5 cm before getting an epidural, but that was a life saver. It really is true what they say though. There is no way to describe it and you forget all about it when it over. Also, the closer you get the more and more ready you will be to just have the baby. By the end I just wanted to have him and feel better again. You won't even care. Good Luck and don't worry you will be fine. I just think of it like this. So many people have more than one child, if they can do it more than once then you will be fine <3
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• My water broke in the hospital with my first after the had to induce my labor so I didnt feel it. but with my second my water " drizzled" out through out the night. And with my twins the doc. had to break my water twice.cause each baby had their own sac.
    Dee060709

Answer by Dee060709 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2010