Will they cut me off of my pregnancy insurance?

*Please do not bash* A few months ago when I found out I was pregnant I qualified for state pregnancy insurance. Our daughter is also on the state insurance currently. However, I have just recently found a job and JUST started working :) I know it's not a big jump in our income but it's enough to probably kick our DD off of the state insurance. It's not a problem because we can pull insurance from my company for her. HOWEVER, will I be cut off as well?? I cannot get any insurance because pregnancy is considered a pre-existing condition (and yes I've looked and tried). I found on a government website that once you have it they cannot take you off no matter a change in income. ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Health

• See if you can get a lawyer's opinon from legal aid or from a lawyer who works in that field from the phone book
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 7:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I don't think they can because your currently pregnant, call and be upfront,, I bet they may make you pay a bit more, but I think it will be okay, congrats on the new job!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I would ASSUME that since your pregnancy is not covered under your new insurance you are still in essence uninsured for your pregnancy. You will need to talk to your caseworker as I assume this is a job where you pay taxes. IF they find out you are working and did not qualify, they can come after you for remittance of all the money they paid PLUS get you for fraud. Congrads on the job- in this economy and considering you are pregnant-that was no easy task to accomplish. Keep on keeping on!
    justmyopinion

Answer by justmyopinion at 8:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2010