Anyone have symptoms similar to pregnancy after Mirena removal?

I got my Mirena removed shortly after Christmas and a short period immediately followed (about 3 light days). It's the second week in January and I've been noticing for the past few days some nausea, sore nipples, fatigue, etc. I know these are pregnancy symptoms but I have a hard time believing I am pregnant and showing signs already! So before I run out and buy a pregnancy and/or ovulation test, I am wondering if any other ladies experienced these symptoms after removal and did not wind up being pregnant. Please let me know. (By the way, if I am pregnant, it is totally okay. My husband and I are TTC which is why I got the Mirena removed in the first place.) :)

MamaPete

Asked by MamaPete at 7:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• IDK about Mirena, but its happened to me with the depo shot. about 2 weeks after getting it, and then off and on since it being due in Oct, i get those symptoms. and i've gone through 20+ tests, still neg lol. i'm a POASA hehehe......but the depo can stay in system for 6 months or more, again i'm not aware of the mirensas effects. i also noticed PMS symptoms are more severe.......but then there are ppl who are crazy fertile right after BC.......its 50/50 sorry.......lol sorry....you can always try about 2-3 weeks after DH and you BD'in, that should be enough time to get you a clear answer on a test. GL momma!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I myself had my Mirena removed Dec 22, had 3-4 days of light spotting. I had the iud in since june 08. Since removal i have been extremely moody, tired all the time, some nausea, little sore breast if you press firmly. Not sure if I would be pregnant also, I was sexually active with my husband for a few days between christmas and new years. I have 2 children already, 4 year old boy & almost 2 year old girl. I do want a 3rd, that is why I had the iud removed by my GP. I told my husband it fell out after sex, hoping he believes me. I know a preg test would be neg as it is too soon. Any suggestions
    Suzie20

Answer by Suzie20 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• PP this is in no way a bash.....have you talked to your husband about having another?? tricking him will only wause problems. (if i've misunderstood i'm sorry). actually for you it is not too soon to test. you can usually start testing 14 days from ovulation, or in this case intercourse since you dont know if you have ovulated or not. like i said above, i did the same thing with the depo. problem is, AF symptoms and pregnancy are all too close. heck even ovulation symptoms can feel the same.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I am the original poster of the question and I thought I'd give an update. I took a test and it came out negative but took an ovulation test and found out I was ovulating! Maybe not having periods for so long made me extra sensitive. Anyway, my hubby and I are still TTC (oh the woe! 3 weeks of TTC! I hope you can tell I am being sarcastic as I know many of you have spent years TTC.) I do wonder if my hormones are a little out a whack or if it is just Old Man Winter making me tired, etc? I suppose we'll never know... Oh, BC, we love you!
    MamaPete

Answer by MamaPete at 3:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• i would say the BC whacked out your hormones. only because of the depo have i learned just how screwy it can get! its possible for cramping and even a lil spotting during ovulation, it happens to me, at least i think! lol but its only been 3 months off depo (6 months since last shot just to clarify ppl always think that means last time i got shot ) and it is baaad how much baby fever i have!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 8:20 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I took a test, and am pregnant, thinking only about 4 weeks. Good luck to you
    Suzie20

Answer by Suzie20 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I have since had a miscarriage at 7 weeks. Have been bleeding for the last 14 day. I am going to give my body a bit of a break, good luck to the rest of you
    Suzie20

Answer by Suzie20 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 15, 2010