Does this seem like a growth spurt to you?

My son is 6 weeks old tomorrow and has been eating a lot today, sleeping a lot today, and is wicked cranky when I try to rouse him to eat. He's had a few periods of being awake and alert, and he's easy to wake up, he's just getting extremely mad!

marine_wife0520

Asked by marine_wife0520 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Welcome to the end of the six week growth spurt! Let him sleep. No need to wake unless you're not changing enough dipes.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Let him be. My LO did this a lot until about 15 mos. She would eat me out of house and home for a week and then sleep for a week. This went on alternating for months. She is coming out of a growth spurt now and they only last a few days now. Feed him what he wants to eat and then let him sleep and enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2010