Should we move her to a toddler bed???

My daughter is 9 months and 2 weeks old today. Well today she almost climbed out of her crib. So now I'm worried that she's actually going to succeed next time. Should we go buy her a toddler bed? We wouldn't move her into it until next month when we move because we want to wait til we're in our new place first. So she'll almost be 11 months old. She won't sleep in her play pen and we both agree that she'll have an easier time getting out of that then her crib. Any advice? What would you do or have you done? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The recommended age for a toddler bed is not until 15 months... If I were you, I'd wait.
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 8:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• we put our daughter in a toddler bed at about eighteen months but that is only because she never had any desire to crawl out, i know people whom have moved their kids very early on due to crawling out. i think that is somehting that you and your husband need to decide on together. our daughter rolls around alot but has never fallen out so she has done great. just depends on your child
    cowgirl_mommy05

Answer by cowgirl_mommy05 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Get one of those tent things that go on the top of the crib. That will keep her in until she's big enough for a toddler bed.

www.amazon.com/Tots-Mind-Cozy-Crib-White/dp/B00014PLAY
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I put my dd in a toddler bed at 13 mos not really due to her climbing out so much as her getting stuck between the bars! She fell out the first night, but never since and she loves her bed. Does your crib convert into a toddler bed? Also, before you actually put her in a toddler bed, put the mattress on the floor so if she does fall off in the begining, it's basically ground level.
    Anonymous