any moms out there have rh incompatibility during there pregnancies?

hi My name is crystal. I have a 2 1/2 year old. we had rh incompatibility with him. he was induced 3 weeks early and monitor closely through the pregnancy. he was anemic at birth. we want to have another,but I know the next will high risk. Is there other mothers out there that have gone though this... I would love to hear your story.

Crystal321

Asked by Crystal321 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I am sorry you have been sensitized. You could get pregnant, but you will be really high risk, and I'm sure you know that. This is something to talk with you SO and doctor

I am Rh negative, and thought I was sensitized (I do not remember getting the shot last time after the birth)...but when they ran tests, I was not...so I will be getting that shot next week in my ass :(

Anyway, best of luck with your decision.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:52 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• i am RH negitive and didnt know it until i was pregnant i got a shot @ 28 weeks and then again right after i had my daughter. but never had any issues when i was pregnant. i am pregnant again and willl have to do the same thing. so i wish i had advice other then ask your doctor if maybe you can have that shot before you get pregnant?
    cowgirl_mommy05

Answer by cowgirl_mommy05 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• If u had the Rhogam shot then u won't have any problems...if u didn't u need to consult your doctor before getting pregnant. I am - hubby is + I get Rhogam during the pregnancy and if I have a rh+ baby. I've had 4 babies w/ no problems.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• i got the rhogam shot at 28 weeks but it didn't work. my body was already sensitized. the doctors don't know why. Rhogram will not work for me now because I have been exposed.
    Crystal321

Answer by Crystal321 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• my mom did-it's what killed my brother (her 2nd child) he lived 2 months
    When I was pregnant they gave me a shot...I thought they gave it to everyone?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• i had the rhogam shot too... you probably should've gotten it too.. they're pretty adamant about checking rh compatibilities these days...
    i have 2 kids, pregnant with my third and am rh neg...

i don't understand how a rhogam shot wouldn't work........?
    i got mine around 28 weeks.... did they forget to give it to you after your first pregnancy?
    katatrinakay

Answer by katatrinakay at 8:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• If you had rh incompatibility then that usually means you are already sensitized either from a previous pregnancy, miscarriage or abortion and the Rhogam is not going to work. That doesn't mean that you will necassarily have an issue with another pregnancy though. There is a possiblity that your SO is carrying a recessive negative gene so your child could be negative and not cause a problem.

They do not give Rhogam to everyone only those mothers who are RH- and allow themselves to be injected with it. I personally would not for religious reasons, but it didn't matter since my DH is negative to so we can only have negative babies. Nothing is 100% including the Rhogam shot.

http://www.nccn.net/~wwithin/rhogam.htm This is a good link discussing Rhogam for those who brought it up.

You really need to talk to your doctor about it.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2010