Do your kids drive you crazy???

I need to let this out I am so tired of yelling at my son he is getting on my nerves every time I turn around he is jumping and getting on my dd nerves too, yes he has adhd and on some meds, but he knows when I mean business he'll stop but for the mean time if I had my way I would be spanking him all of the time so I just talk at first then I start to yell, he talks back with the same tone I do I tell not to do that he laughs when I spank him makes faces behind my back laughs at his sister when she gets into trouble...I don't want to hurt him I have already took things away believe me I feel like I have done it all the only thing that works is when my dh is here (he is working nights) These are his words "Just beat the XXXX out of him"!!!! but I can't and he says then you deal with it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Maybe his meds need adjustment, with ADHD they put them on meds, but not all meds work for everyone bring it up with his pediatrician and maybe some action can be taken from there. Good Luck in the meantime, just walk away and take a deep breathe and some time to yourself for a moment, they can drive is insane sometimes and sounds like he is looking for attention but in a negative way so try as hard as you can not to give him that satisfaction. Yelling and hitting sometimes I want to react like this but it actually makes the child react worse, so I don't recommend it.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I am so sorry that you are feeling so frustrated. Honestly all moms feel this way (at least the honest ones) at one time or another, even moms of kids without ADHD. Mine drives me nuts daily. Just keep your cool and maintain consistant discipline with him. If all else fails talk to his school councilor about ways to detour that type of behaviour. I talk to my sons councilor all the time and she gives me helpful ways to talk with my kid so I don't yell at him (like I want to) all the time. Hang in there!
    67mermaid

Answer by 67mermaid at 1:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2010