So, I am thinking of not using shampoo anymore

My question is have any of you went "no poo" and what were your results.
My hair has so much oil/dry issues that i figured the less chemicals the better. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• "No poo" ha ha ha ha made me laugh.
    I couldn't do it. I like washing my hair.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• So what are you gonna do instead? I am confused.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 8:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• So which is it?  Oily or dry because it makes a difference.

I wash my hair every day with shampoo and conditioned and will never give it up.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Yikes I hope you have something else you can do to clean your hair! I go more than a few days and it's just nasty!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• i have heard you are not supposed to wash every day. Personally, we usually use burt's bees. I use the conditioner only whne my hair is long.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• My hair is the same way.. dry as anything when I wash it, it gets horribly frizzy.. but if I wash and then condition it it gets oily in just a day or so. I don't officially 'no poo'.. but I only wash my hair about once a month or if I get something in it. My hair is almost to my butt, I just put it up in a bun before taking a shower. If it gets wet.. that's fine, as long as the shampoo doesn't touch it it doesn't seem to get frizzy. The natural oils in my hair have taken over and its not oily anymore, but strong, long, glossy, and healthy. I love it!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• kristal2146
    My hair is the same way.. dry as anything when I wash it, it gets horribly frizzy.. but if I wash and then condition it it gets oily in just a day or so. I don't officially 'no poo'.. but I only wash my hair about once a month or if I get something in it. My hair is almost to my butt, I just put it up in a bun before taking a shower. If it gets wet.. that's fine, as long as the shampoo doesn't touch it it doesn't seem to get frizzy. The natural oils in my hair have taken over and its not oily anymore, but strong, long, glossy, and healthy. I love it!

EWW, I'D HATE TO BE YOUR HUSBAND/SO...YOUR HAIR MUST BE REALLY STINKY...IS IT?????
    Anonymous

• wash your hair every 4th day instead....... your hair is actually one of the germiest parts of your body, and should be washed at least every few days.....
    katatrinakay

Answer by katatrinakay at 8:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Shampoo strips your hair and its not healthy. There are new alternative ways now that you can use other things to wash your hair. Some people need to get with the program and search it online.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 8:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Wow, some of the replies here are rude! I've seriously considered going no-poo - with my kids too! At this point in time though I don't want to do it til I get it cut. There are other things you can use on occasion if you need a little help (baking soda was one, I don't remember what else I read - google it!). I really really want to but like I said I really need a cut first before I dare try!
    Anonymous