Itching, Rapid Heartrate Relation?

I was wondering if there's any relation between itching, rapid heartrate and pre-eclampsia and/or pregnancy-induced hypertension. I have a history of PIH & pre-eclampsia with both of my previous pregnancies but never experienced the intense itching and rapid heartrate. Any ideas?

noahsmommy310

Asked by noahsmommy310 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have had severe itching when swelling gets really bad, it's like the skin just can't take it anymore. I'd call the Dr. to make sure since you do have a history of it.
    Anonymous

• i don't think itching is usually related to pre-e, but if you can feel your heart beating in your head, then yeah, it could be pre-e related...
    rapid heart rate isn't usually good during pregnancy anyway..
    record your heartbeat.. if its over 82 bpm, you should probably call your doc...
    katatrinakay

Answer by katatrinakay at 8:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• just becareful. and call your doc. the itch could just mean its dehydrated. used palmers cocoa butter or oil thats what i used for the racing heart i would ask doc. could be anxiety attacks.... who knos
    Anonymous

• Thanks for the answers ladies; and the time you took out of your day to help me out w/ this problem. I've started having weekly checks of my BP; the rapid heartrate just started this morning...got to 136; luckily I was at the drs and he told me to go straight home and REST and if it didn't go down after an hour of doing NOTHING but laying on my left side to go to the ER immediately. It did go down; not a really big amount but below 130.

So far the highest my BP has been since passing the 30 week mark is 140/89 which isn't TOO bad considering with my last one I was induced after it going to 200/96...lol

Thanks so much; again!
    noahsmommy310

Answer by noahsmommy310 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2010