anal suppositories...? sorry tmi

I just found out that I have an anal fissure and was given anal suppositories. I've never used them before, stupid and kind of gross question but the suppositories don't have an applicator...so I just push it put there, right? and I've had to kind of use my muscles to get it to go up inside and stay in place...is that what I'm supposed to do? can those things mess you up? It makes me uncomfortable lolll

oh, and the medication numbs me up and now i'm afraid to use the restroom because the numb sensation makes me feel as though my insides are going to fall out...is it normal to feel that way? it doesn't hurt just feels strange I guess.

So sorry, this is way way too embarassing to ask in person.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Health

• dont be embarassed its an honest question and i would probably be doing the same if i had to use them. heres a website i found with step by step instructions. good luck :)
    http://www.imixnaturals.com/fissureheal/fhusage.asp
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Aww...poor thing...I had to use anti naseau suppositories for migraines, and yeah it's gross having to shove those things up your butt! You could use latex gloves...?
    Anonymous

• If they get smeary and liquidy and gross while you are inserting them, put them in the freezer for 10 minutes beforehand. It'll firm them up.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Do you have a DH/SO to put the suppository In for you.

Answer by louise2 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2010