Are there any at home waxing products that actually work?

I can't afford to get waxed by a professional. I hate shaving 'down there'.. it's time consuming and stubble grows back and irritates me the very next day...I can't spend an hour each morning shaving myself, I have a life! I've tried those waxing strips and went through a whole box, every strip removed maybe 5 hairs each! It didn't even begin to do the job..it was so frusterating! Does anyone know of an easier way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• You can go to Sallys and pick up a Gigi pot. It's the same as a lot of professionals use, and one pot of wax will last a long time. I go through maybe a pot a year. They also have the waxing strips, but I prefer cutting heavier weight muslin strips (bought by the yard) instead for it. Try here: http://www.sallybeauty.com/wax-warmer/SBS-448510,default,pd.html?cgid=Skin05-06

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:13 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• The only thing I wax is my eyebrows, but as far as down there I trim it with a pair of haircut scissors and a fine tooth comb and I don't shave down there bc I get ingrown hairs and it starts to itch I hated that so that is why I decided to keep it neat looking. and I also shave my legs not so much in the winter..lol My dh says why do I just go European...lol just let if all grow out..eeww!
    Mainly me underarms he was talking about...lol Hope this helped sometimes all those products can get very expensive. I tried doing this at home one day I believe it was Sally Hansen products omg! I could not finish I had to go ahead and shave it off so very painful...Kind of reminded me of that movie "40 year old virgin"...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• you can get the same product (and all the tools, too) the waxer uses at your local beauty supply store...however, that doesn't guarantee you will get the job done correctly, especially in certain areas with curves and bends/creases. there are several things that can go wrong, if you are not educated in the proper manner to wax. i'd suggest you save your $ (from some other useless spending), and invest in a professional wax.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I do my bikini area with Nads. It hurts but it works.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• It is really hard to do on yourself, as you need to hold the skin very tight, and um well the angles don't work well on yourself , unless you are a gymnanst, LOL! If your opposed to products like Nair, look for esthetic schools in your area, about 1/3 the price....and the usually do a great job, you will only need it done about every 6-8 weeks,,, but I tried waxing my own and had bruising! I am in the hair and spa profession so if you need anymore info feel free to PM me, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• go to your local beauty supply store for wax or honeywax, and purchase your wooden spatulas at walmart in the craft department. you can also buy a man's workshirt ( denim or twill) from a yardsale or thrift store for about 50 cents instead of buying muslin strips. they work better and are cheaper and you can cut it to size. waxing at home is easy and very cheap, you can do it without ever having to pay a professional again. when you get the wax home, transfer it out of the tin can and pour it into a large coffemuch you'll never use again. that way you can microwave it and re microwave it until it is all gone and the handle makes it easy to carry without burning your hands on a hot container.
    If you know anyone working in a doctors or dentist's office, tell them to bring you home some tongue depressors for free and you won't even have to buy them. Your ol man should have a crappy shirt in the closet now you could use too.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:11 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• **coffe mug** duh..............
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:12 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• It's not wax, but I use nair and I love it, it's cheap and it works!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2010