Baby floaties and vests for 16 month old

I'm going on vacation in the Carribean and I need sugeestions on arm floaties, swim sweaters, or vests for my 16 month old. Everything I am finding is for 2 year olds and up. I just want to make sure when we are by the pool he has something on just incase. Thanks for your help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• toys r us carries this really cool swimmer vest that zips i used it on my son at 11 months old just get the smallest size they have i dont remember the brand but it was only like 20 dollars
    haydns_mommy

Answer by haydns_mommy at 8:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I noticed that too... I take my dd swimming and she's now 2, but at the time was 18 mos. She WILL NOT wear the vest and prefers to go out on her own which she ends up swallowing the water and laughing. So my friend and I just got our dd's the arm floaties even though it says 2+ years. Have a great trip!
    Anonymous

• You can get infant life vests that have a strap that goes under their crotch. You can also get the floatie rings that have a seat in them - they take up little space because you pack them not blown up. I personally would go with the floatie with the built in seat, gets the child in the water enough but not too much.
    Anonymous

• No arm floaties!! A vest is best.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2010