How do you say be quiet or shut up in spanish? (Please translate)...

Not that I want to say this to any one I just couldn't think of the words in spanish
the only one I know is "Callate" (Kah-yah-teh) or Callate la boca (Kah-yah-teh La Bohka) that sounds pretty harsh I think it means Shut Up! but how would you say it nicely?
Thank you ladies

Gracias! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• "Silencio, porfavor"

It just means "quiet please", not harsh at all.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 8:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• That is how you say it I'm not sure of the spelling either but its Ki-et-te la Bo-ka if you want to be nice about it say por favor that means please
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I like silencio, por favor =)

But CALLATE, PUTO! is my husband's favorite. That's the dirty not-so-nice version =)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• LOL I say Callate la boca. I have a argentine accent so i dont say it like Mexicans do. And that is what i tell my kids in spanish.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 9:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Cierra la boca! muahaha
    Anonymous

• Yeah ummm...I use "callate". Usually if I am saying to be quiet, I'm usually not in a pleasant mood to begin with...and if I am yelling at you in Spanish...yeah...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2010