Why is it so hard to find good "friends" on CafeMom?

I don't have a large number of "friends" here on CafeMom but the ones I do have, I never hear from. I try to comment on their pictures/journals/thought bubbles, but never get the same in return. Have I just picked the wrong friends or do any of you have this same problem? The really sad thing is that most of my friends are local Moms, right from my own city. Perhaps that's the problem....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I think some of the people on here just think of it like a popularity contest... kind of like the person on facebook or myspace with like 300 friends. honestly, how many do they actually talk to? They just want to feel special by having all these friends. I actually have 0 friends on here right now! :D
    Anonymous

• Truthfully, I come on here to have relaxing me time. I almost never talk to anybody.
    Anonymous

• I have made, some good and bad friends.
    I have been here 3 years....
    If they do not mail me back, after a couple of times..I DELETE THEM.
    If I Meebo them, and they do not answer back, after a couple of times, I DELETE THEM.
    If they do not come to cafemom, but once after....a longtime..I DELETE THEM.
    You can find great friends on here, you just have to find the right ones...who REALLY care, all of mine, I can call and some I have met.
    HANG IN THERE.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Do you belong to a good chat group? I have met many wonderful ladies in a couple of mine,,,, when do you come on AM or PM?
    If you want come on 2 morrow am and I will introduce you to a couple of mine, pm me for the details!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I wonder the same thing, I'm awful honest think that rubs some moms the rub way... well some even said what I say rubs them the wrong way.
    I'd like to just meet a mom that is real and isn't afraid to express herself who won't prejudge me
    I think give it more time. I'm giving it more time lol.
    vikings_beauty

Answer by vikings_beauty at 9:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• it's cyberspace. nothing there is real. go out and meet some real people and enjoy their company, you'll be so much better off for it.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Because we are not real. You need real friends.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:14 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• jewjewebee and rkoloms:

Can you not read? I said that most of my "friends" on CafeMom are local Moms, one's that I've actually met in person. Can't get anymore real than that.
    Anonymous

• I need a friend..lol..no seriously, I have no friends, my last close friend went crazy, Im here trying to find some friends.
    FuTureMrsPaRRy

Answer by FuTureMrsPaRRy at 6:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2010