my 8 year old is complaining of breast pain...could she be starting to develop?

should i take her to the doctor?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 9:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• the doctor for puberty? LOL that's a new one...

yes, puberty can start at 8. I needed a bra by 4th grade.
    Anonymous

• what if its not pueberty? you dont think i should have it checked?
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 9:09 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I would have her checked to be on the safe side, and yes it sounds like it could be puberty.
    Anonymous

• This was happening with my daughter who is now 9 starting around age 7 or 8. The doctor just checked to make sure there were no lumps or anything out of the ordinary and said it was growing pains. Then her Endocrinologist last month said that she is in prepuberty. So that's probably what's going on. I'd wait and see if it continues or gets worse. At most, I'd call and talk to the nurse and explain what's going on.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 9:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• It is probably that begins of her developing but you could talk to the doctor just to be sure.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• This actually happened to me and my daughter. She complained about a swollen nipple. She modestly showed me and it was a little puffy. I was stunned to find out that it was indeed puberty....thank god! Amazing how young this starts to happen. She is 10 and wears a bra already. You might want to get your doctor's opinion for peace of mind.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• well you could take her but i think by the time i was in the 2nd grade i was wearing a bra- and me and my sister both started a periods very very young. it is prolly the horrible things we go through to be a women- lol
    Dusti3

Answer by Dusti3 at 12:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• If you feed your child conventional meat and dairy, her body is being bombarded with hormones that have been proven to often cause early puberty.

If you have not been having regular conversations about puberty and reproduction, you need to start now.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:58 AM on Jan. 13, 2010