question about step-dads

would u let ur fiancee of 3.5 years give ur 5yr old daughter a bath while u were not home? he usually gives both of the kids a bath at the same time while i am home doing dinner but how comfortable would u be with a step-dad giving his step daughter a bath...he has been in her life since a little before her second birthday and she is all she knows as a dad..but still how comfortable would u get!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sounds like to me you aren't... I would be fine with it, as a matter of fact my Hubby is step-dad to all 3 of our boys and when they were really little he helped with everything. They call him Dad, and treat him as such, and he treats them as if they are his own flesh and blood..
    You have to know in your heart how you feel about this, we don't know your Hubby so it's hard to say how you should feel..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• stpe dad or not if he is the daddy in her life him, you and her should all be cofortable as if he were daddy
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• if you dont trust him you shouldnt be with him..yes i would.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• He's her dad...he should give her a bath.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 9:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• no i trust him i dont think he would hurt a fly my mother is just always the bug in my ear saying she wouldnt trust any man lol!!!
    Anonymous

• agree wholeheartedly with shay
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• U need to tell your mom to mind her own business unless she knows something she isn't telling you.
    Anonymous

• That is like not allowing a father to bathe their daughter, that is ridiculous and your mom needs to mind her own business and shut her trap, she is just starting problems.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:43 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't want my husband giving his step daughters a bath.....they are teens..........but if they were little and needed help I would trust him.....heck I trust him when he makes the mistake of going downstairs without announcing himself (basement is for the girls and they walk around half naked).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Of course I would trust him. My DH trusts me to change SS's diapers and bathe him. Why would you not trust him? I'd ignore anyone who is poison unless there is a reason to not trust him because of something he did in the past.
    Kenre

Answer by Kenre at 7:54 AM on Jan. 13, 2010