Genital Herpes Questions

So my fiance just found out today that these skin tag like things on his penis are genital herpes. I dont think I have it. He knows I slept with another guy way back after we split up for a few months and it was unprotected. I have never had any symptoms and I get tested and paps every three months. I got test a few times when i was prego with my son in 2008 and a few times in 2009. I just had a test and pap not too long ago. I have always been negative as far as they can tell through tests, etc; so he says he has only slept with me in the last 5-6 years and i do believe him because he never has time to do any of that...I have never cheated on him or slept with anyone else since tests. can it miss me and just go to him? I have never had a cold sore either that i know of in the time that i have known him. I dont know what is possible. can someone help me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Health

• You can actually have avoided it, many times it must be active to give it to someone, but the skin tags sound more like genital warts--HPV>>> I would go to doctor with him and get clarity, he also maybe hiding something from you :(
    hope it works out okay!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Did a doctor tell him it was herpes? Those skin tag looking things can be simple papules and usually are on a penis.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I would get a second opinion they can make mistakes. Did they actually run a blood test to determine this if not they cannot know for certain.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• ---original poster----

I dont think they did a blood test. he went to this clinic here and he had an appointment today at 5pm and got back around 530 and said i gave him genital herpes.
    Anonymous

• You can be a carrier and not show symptoms
    Anonymous

• Never heard of herpes looking like skin tags....I would def get a second opinion if I were him.....
    Anonymous

• herpes can lay dormant, and also i am pretty certain you can not just test for herpes, you have to have an outbreak.
    Anonymous

• ---original poster---

well i just looked online at some pictures of genital herpes and genital warts online and NONE of them look like the skin tag looking things on my fiances penis. they seriously look like skin tags like the ones i get on my neck sometimes. they dont hurt he says and he never complains of buring or swelling or anything! thats is why i thought it was just skin tags. he picks at the tag like things and they bleed and possibly come back but they dont hurt. they are the same color as his penis and very tiny and look just like skin tags.. so i dont know
    Anonymous

• if he isn't in pain then they are not herpes. you might want to see a dermatologist.
    Anonymous

• I would get a second opinion. I have a few skin tags near my vagina and no doctor has ever said anything to me about them. Nor have I ever been diagnosed with an STD or had an abnormal pap. Sometimes they make mistakes. I'm pretty sure blood work needs to be done to diagnose herpes.
    Anonymous