Preschool

What age do I send my daughter to preschool? What do I need to do? She is 3, 4 in August.

LiviandEmmysMom

Asked by LiviandEmmysMom at 9:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Generally speaking, its:
    3- Preschool
    4- Pre-K
    5- Kindergarten
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 9:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Many kids go to preschool at the beginning of the school year that are 3 or you can wait until the following school year. I highly suggest 2 years of pre school for many kids that do not have any other socialization.
    Anonymous

• 4
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• My son started preschool in September,and he just turned 3 at the end of September! It depends on weather or not you think your child is ready for preschool at 3 or not.Personally I think sending my son to preschool so early is putting him on a fast track and letting him grow socially,and hes SO intelligent! A big part of preschool is learning social skills,(making friends,sharing,etc.),and my son LOVES it...All children are different though,you just have to decide what's right for your child! Good Luck!
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• All three of my boys started when they were 4 (or almost, my middle son has an Oct b-day). I was going to send my youngest this past fall when he was 3, but he wasn't fully potty trained and just not quite ready. Mostly we do it for the social aspect and to prepare him for a classroom setting for when he starts K. All my kids went to my mil's for child care so they're not around a lot of other kids aside from their brothers and a couple cousins, so we really felt/feel that a year of preschool is necessary for them to prepare for what to expect in K. Especially since they all went (will be going) to a French Immersion school so right from day one of K most instruction will be given in french (and we don't speak it at home). So if they have an idea of what's expected of them it will make the transition a little easier.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2010