Haiti hit by largest earthquake in over 200 years

Is this crazy or what? Makes you think when the "Big one" Will hit CA.

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti – The strongest earthquake in more than 200 years rocked Haiti on Tuesday, collapsing a hospital where people screamed for help and heavily damaging the National Palace, U.N. peacekeeper headquarters and other buildings. U.S. officials reported bodies in the streets and an aid official described "total disaster and chaos."

United Nations officials said a large number of U.N. personnel were unaccounted for.

Communications were widely disrupted, making it impossible to get a full picture of damage as powerful aftershocks shook a desperately poor country where many buildings are flimsy. Electricity was out in some places.

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh dear Lord. My prayers are with them. Please post more as you learn more. I will do the same.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 9:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• My heart and prayers go out to this country.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• The "Big One" is predicted in the Bible to hit Los Angeles this year actually.
    Anonymous

• LAst time I checked the bible doesnt say that a big earth quake will hit in 2010
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• It is just a matter of time before the faults here do the same thing. It does tell of these things happening in the bible.
    Anonymous

• So sad... My prayers go out to all those poor people.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Mrs. Owen's it is predicted in the bible code. (Google "Bible Code") I don't know if I really believe it, but it does predict a super huge earth quake in October. Is it true? Only time will tell.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Ever wonder if God wants to sink that island? Jeez...awful. Big quake going to hit in our lifetime, that is for sure.
    Anonymous